Registration for Young Writers 2020 will be available SOON! Please check back!
Young Writers is for students rising in grades 4th-12th
- Teaching Text Structures through Nursery Rhymes, with Val Piccini – December 7, 2019
- Research to Practice – Ehri’s Four Phases of Word Learning: Where do Decodable and Leveled Texts Fit into an ELA Classroom? with Val Piccini – February 1, 2020
- Incorporating Multi-Sensory Teaching Methods Across the Big 5 in Reading, with Val Piccini – Saturday, April 4, 2020
- Kid Writing: A Systematic Approach to Phonics, Spelling and Writing Workshop, with Val Piccini– May 9, 2020
- Culturally Responsive Children’s and Adolescent Literature, with Dr. Keely Baronak – May 30, 2020
- Tools and Technology for Dyslexia, with Dr. Keely Baronak – June 18, 2020
- Flash Debates to Foster Fluency in Opinion/Argument Writing, PreK-12 & Poetry from Scratch, with Val Piccini – June 23, 2020
For School Districts and Administrators:
Individual school district in-services are currently scheduled and taking place in various locations.
School Districts seeking consistent, long-term growth gains in student reading and writing success are invited to collaborate with Writers of Westmoreland.
Please contact Val Piccini, Director of Writers of Westmoreland, Lead Teacher Consultant for the Western Pennsylvania Writing Project, and Literacy Specialist in Westmoreland County for more information on customized district in-services and workshops, consulting, and coaching service models, and unique professional growth opportunities.