As one of the many activities and events affected by COVID 19, Young Writers will not be able to run as scheduled this summer. Thank you for your interest in participating in Young Writers. Please consider Young Writers again next summer!
- Teaching Text Structures through Nursery Rhymes, with Val Piccini – December 7, 2019
- Research to Practice – Ehri’s Four Phases of Word Learning: Where do Decodable and Leveled Texts Fit into an ELA Classroom? with Val Piccini – February 1, 2020
- Incorporating Multi-Sensory Teaching Methods Across the Big 5 in Reading, with Val Piccini – Saturday, April 4, 2020
- Kid Writing: A Systematic Approach to Phonics, Spelling and Writing Workshop, with Val Piccini– May 9, 2020
- Culturally Responsive Children’s and Adolescent Literature, with Dr. Keely Baronak – May 30, 2020
- Tools and Technology for Dyslexia, with Dr. Keely Baronak – June 18, 2020
- Flash Debates to Foster Fluency in Opinion/Argument Writing, PreK-12 & Poetry from Scratch, with Val Piccini – June 23, 2020
For School Districts and Administrators:
Please contact Val Piccini, Director of Writers of Westmoreland, Lead Teacher Consultant for the Western Pennsylvania Writing Project, and Literacy Specialist for more information on customized literacy in-service models, workshops, consulting and coaching, and unique professional growth opportunities.