Registration for Young Writers 2020 is now OPEN!
Young Writers is for students rising in grades 4th-12th and will be held July 13th-July 17th, 2020 at The Campus Laboratory School of Carlow University!
You can register HERE!
- Teaching Text Structures through Nursery Rhymes, with Val Piccini – December 7, 2019
- Research to Practice – Ehri’s Four Phases of Word Learning: Where do Decodable and Leveled Texts Fit into an ELA Classroom? with Val Piccini – February 1, 2020
- Incorporating Multi-Sensory Teaching Methods Across the Big 5 in Reading, with Val Piccini – Saturday, April 4, 2020
- Kid Writing: A Systematic Approach to Phonics, Spelling and Writing Workshop, with Val Piccini– May 9, 2020
- Culturally Responsive Children’s and Adolescent Literature, with Dr. Keely Baronak – May 30, 2020
- Tools and Technology for Dyslexia, with Dr. Keely Baronak – June 18, 2020
- Flash Debates to Foster Fluency in Opinion/Argument Writing, PreK-12 & Poetry from Scratch, with Val Piccini – June 23, 2020
For School Districts and Administrators:
Please contact Val Piccini, Director of Writers of Westmoreland, Lead Teacher Consultant for the Western Pennsylvania Writing Project, and Literacy Specialist for more information on customized literacy in-service models, workshops, consulting and coaching, and unique professional growth opportunities.